6. Creating your first Autoship Order
Testing the Customer Experience: Creating Your First Autoship Order
- Visit your website as a customer and view a Product Page for a Product enabled for Autoship.
- Scroll to the Autoship options on the product page.
- Select any available Autoship Frequency (example: "Every 30 days") and add the item to the cart.
- Complete the normal checkout process on the site.
- If you are using a test or Sandbox account to test payments, complete checkout using a test payment method
- After completing checkout, confirm that a new WooCommerce order was created successfully.
- Next, confirm that Autoship Schedule(s) were also created successfully
- Navigate to My Account > Autoship Schedules
- You should see a new Autoship Schedule for each Autoship Frequency added to products purchased at Checkout.
- Confirm that the Autoship Schedule(s) have the correct Products, Payment Method, Shipping Method, Subtotals and Total. If a coupon code was used at checkout, confirm that it is applied on the Autoship Schedule as well.
- Next, confirm that the Payment Method was saved in My Account.
- Navigate to My Account > Payment Methods page
- Confirm that the Payment Method used to complete checkout is displayed
Test Adding New Payment Methods
You can further test your payment integration by adding a new payment method within My Account.
- Login to your store as a Customer with an existing Autoship Schedule
- Visit My Account > Payment Methods
- Click Add Payment Method
- Enter a new test payment and click Add Payment
- Confirm that another Payment Method was saved in My Account > Payment Methods
- Confirm that another Payment Method is selectable in My Account > Autoship Schedules