GoDaddy Managed Wordpress Issues
The hosting environment for GoDaddy Managed Wordpress has been reported to be incompatible with WC Autoship. The known issues with WC Autoship are listed below:
- Non-standard WP Cron processes - GoDaddy Managed Wordpress runs a central cron service with a different server configuration than the front-facing server. This has two known limiting effects on WC Autoship:
- Inconsistent IP Address (variable client). You will see the error message "Auth failed due to invalid client. Please try to re-configure Autoship" when trying to process Autoship orders.
- Partial support for cURL options. WC Autoship cannot fully implement cURL on the GoDaddy hosting environment.
- Limited support for the PHP function mkdir(). This function is essential to WC Autoship, and it is required for a successful WC Autoship implementation.
- Server access limitations: GoDaddy Managed Wordpress servers will randomly throw the 429 HTTP error. This server outage error affects several core WC Autoship features:
429 Too Many Requests
WC Autoship users are encouraged to avoid GoDaddy Managed Wordpress due to these limitations.