Autoship log report
The Autoship Log Report is a chronological list view of all actions related to Autoship including:
- Action Time: an exact timestamp of when the action took place
- Action Type: the type of action performed (example: customer or administrator pauses or resumes an Autoship Schedule)
- Description: a detailed description that includes the URL, User ID, Action and Schedule ID
- User: the User ID of the user that performed the action
- Customer: the Customer ID of the user that performed the action
- Schedule ID: a unique identifier of the individual Autoship Schedule that the action was performed on
- Item ID: the WooCommerce Item ID if the action involved a change to a product within the Autoship Schedule
- Value: the new Value resulting from the action (includes ID, Name, Quantity, Description)
Popular Uses for the Autoship Log Report
This report is popular for administrators to track and/or export exact actions and changes made to Autoship schedule.
Popular workflows include:
- Identifying if an Administrator or Customer made a change to an Autoship Schedule
- Identifying why a specific schedule's status was changed:
- Paused due to failed payment or shipping method?
- Paused due to customer action?
- Paused due to administrator action?
- Exporting timestamped customer activities for marketing automation
Example: The screenshot below displays a schedule that was paused by a user action (in this case the administrator is also the user/customer)
Alternate Example: The screenshot below displays a schedule that failed to create an order due to an expired credit card